Change Associates’ clients range from established global businesses with millions of customers and thousands of employees to agile mid-sized businesses. We work across sectors as diverse as retail, consumer, technology, media, healthcare, and financial services.
Our clients all have one thing in common – the desire to get the best out of their people to serve clients better and drive their business forward.
Every high performing business needs a strong people strategy.
And a coherent people strategy needs to be supported by a strong HR function.
Supporting our clients’ move up the HR Maturity Curve
We work on six HR dimensions to advance our clients along the HR maturity curve from basic HR to professional or strategic HR:
Developing a strategy for HR information systems and advising on vendor options and implementation
Helping understand the expectations of the business of HR, and demonstrating its purpose value-add
Creating or improving the HR Operating Model; improving the efficiency and effectiveness of HR, maximising use of shared services, automation and data analytics.
Helping develop HR ways of working; how the team collaborates on a consistent approach to people strategy, organisation development and service delivery
Determining the organisation design for HR to best support the HR Operating Model
Developing technical and business partnering skills and HR Leadership
Supporting HR to drive the People Strategy
Once we have built a strong HR foundation, we help clients design and implement the people strategy across the Employee Life Cycle. This might involve vendor management or hands on work in one or more of the following:
- Change Management – building change management capability in HR to drive more value from business transformation
- Organisation Design – designing and implementing organisational restructures, often following a change in the operating model
- Talent Acquisition – finding the capability to meet short-, medium- and long-term business goals
- Talent Management – building internal capability now and for future succession
- Performance Management – improving accountability, feedback, and development to improve business results
- Leadership Development – ensuring there is access to management and leadership support and coaching
- Building Senior Teams – through assessment, development and team building sessions
- Workplace Culture – how to change organisation culture or design and implement a hybrid working approach
Examples of our work include:
- Advising a global manufacturer of consumer products on its HR strategy and organisation across the UK and US
- Advising a first time CHRO on the right HR change portfolio to drive the business agenda
- Helping the CHRO of a global business improve change management capability in HR
- Working with the CHRO to build HR capability, and build the top team in a Ports Authority
- Helping the HRD build a people agenda across a large UK police force to improve recruitment, fill capability gaps and ensure diversity and inclusion
- Helping the CHRO of a Big 4 advisory firm to develop HR and people processes including performance management and culture development
- Working alongside three CHROs to develop the culture of a major media organisation